Terms and Conditions
We really want your event to be a great success and will do everything we can to help. We have tried to keep these terms and conditions as straightforward as possible. If there is anything you are unsure of please just ring and ask.
- The items we deliver remain the property of Wessex Cater Hire at all times except for consumable items such as fuel and table numbers.
- All losses and damage will be charged at replacement cost. Damage to table linen resulting from tears, burns, candle wax, ink or any other stain we are unable to launder out will be charged at replacement cost.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the goods, from time of delivery until the goods are returned back to Wessex Cater Hire. Deliveries left at premises unattended are left at the hirer's risk. The hirer is responsible for insuring goods whilst on hire to them (check your contents insurance.. you may be covered already).
- No responsibility can be accepted for injury or damage caused by the use or misuse of the hire equipment.
- It is the hirer's responsibility to make sure that all items are returned to the boxes at the end of the function. The boxes must be packed in a reasonable order so that we can count the stock and re load the van. Any items missing from the boxes when we collect them are the hirer's responsibility to return within 7 days of the function date. Otherwise a charge of the full replacement cost will be made.
- Service is "door-to-door". Where delivery entails our staff taking goods to specific rooms or having to reassemble equipment after use and extra time is involved additional charges will be made. The hirer is responsible for checking goods on delivery.
- A charge will be made for any packing boxes, cartons etc not returned. We reserve the right to substitute articles of a similar or superior quality.
All invoices should be settled within 30 days. We reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts at the rate of 2% interest per month.
- If equipment is returned unused from an event, credit will not be given (there is no exceptions to this clause).
- All furniture etc must be kept dry, if the equipment is used or stored outside the hirer is responsible for any damage or loss caused by the elements, theft or vandalism.
- Under no circumstances should gas or electrical items be tampered with.